Thursday, March 10, 2011

My thoughts on the Walker Bill...

Like I said in my last post. I am not well educated in the sense of politics. I am glad we are doing a protest piece especially on a topic that does effect me directly. I'm sad that it took this project for me to take an interested in the Bill. Yesterday afternoon I attended the Chancellors discussion with faculty on the matter. There were many questions and many negative answers. From the conservative side I hear a lot of points about unions costing the state a lot of money. Listening to this discussion allowed me to see both sides of this argument and how it is going to effect, not just state workers, but also my education. I am still have loads of questions as I am sure a lot of other people do. Instead of taking a side with my piece I want to focus on the different views and different arguments for and against the bill. I want to make it satirical because I enjoyed that part on my last project. I can already see my ideas narrowing in on being "against" the bill but I am going to "try" and come up with ideas for the other side. We'll see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment